Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Edmonton
According to 2014 statistics released by the City of Edmonton, more than 335 pedestrians were injured in traffic accidents. In the same year, nine people were tragically killed in Edmonton pedestrian accidents. These statistics reflect reported injuries and deaths. According to officials, many pedestrian accident injuries go unreported every year throughout the city.
Pedestrian Injury Attorney
With nothing protecting them but the clothes on their back, pedestrians hit by a vehicle typically suffer from one or more types of injury. It’s not uncommon for an injured pedestrian to have multiple wounds and multiple injuries. Left untreated, serious injuries can be life threatening. It is imperative injured pedestrians seek quality medical care to prevent the injury from becoming worse. Once your injury is diagnosed, properly treated, and documented, it is highly recommend injured pedestrians:
- File a police report as soon as you can
- Write down what you can recall about the accident
- Keep and safely store any evidence you have (clothes, shoes, bag, etc.)
- Take pictures of your injury after the accident
- Keep a journal of how the accident and the injury have affected your lifestyle, finances, and emotional well being
- Talk to a qualified pedestrian injury lawyer at Edmonton Car Accident Lawyer Group before speaking to an insurance adjuster
Pedestrian Injury Lawyer
The skilled pedestrian accident lawyers at Edmonton Car Accident Lawyer Group can cut through all the red tape to get you the compensation you need for a faster and complete recovery (if possible). They know how to handle pushy insurance adjusters and can handle all talks with insurance agents and opposing attorneys. If you must speak to an insurance adjuster, they can offer guidance and support.
Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
Not all accidents can be stopped, however, the caring Edmonton pedestrian injury attorneys we work with advise pedestrians to do what they can to prevent being hurt in an accident. Here are some simple, yet effective tips to help prevent pedestrians from becoming a victim:
- Follow the rules of the road and don’t cross unmarked streets or roads
- Don’t walk in dimly lit areas and wear bright clothing, especially at night
- Before crossing the street, make eye contact with approaching drivers
- Don’t walk while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
Edmonton Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Getting help for medical costs, lost wages, and pain and suffering does not have to be complicated or expensive. At Edmonton Car Accident Lawyer Group, the dedicated pedestrian injury attorneys we work with want quality representation to be accessible, which is why they work on a contingency fee basis. Simply put, they won’t ask you for any fees until your case is closed and you get money for injury damages.
The professional pedestrian accident lawyers in our group will discuss your case at no cost and won’t pressure you to hire them. They want injured clients to see justice served in the civil court system and will work tirelessly to see this goal achieved. Reach our law group today by calling 780-669-5235.